Thursday, June 21, 2007

the recent past (real quick-like)

Chris returned from the Presbyterian Church in America's General Assembly in Memphis. He took Wendell with him and spoke about what's going on out hear. He got to meet with some Mission to North America folks and other Presbyterians with clout (PWCs) about how to get the needs of Native America on the radar in the PCA. Very encouraging.
Sacred Road is currently housing its largest short term team ever (55+). A women from California came out here pre Sacred Road (4+ years ago) and promised a young boy that she would return with her family. This week I got to meet her family. So did he.
We were unable to have Bible Study this past week due to a memorial at the Longhouse for a young baby who past away. (Native Americans have one of the highest infant mortality rates of any ehnic group in North America.)
I got to talk with Buffy a lot this week, not just in a researcher/subject or a "I know Chris and Mary Granberry too" context, but as a friend and as a brother in Christ. so great.
Thank you for your prayers as the past week has been kind of rough and I can't really put my finger on why. Please pray that God would renew my love for Him and for His people on a daily basis, and that he would give me grace to trust Him more- about my research, my future, and my role in serving Native America.
Also pray for Moses as his nephew lost a baby yesterday and he lost an extended family member a week ago. (These are just the most significant blows he has been discouraged by in the past month. Poverty seems to kick you when you're down, and once you're down, it'd hard to get back up.) out.

No comments: